Saturday, January 14, 2012

Taking a break

Although it doesn't show I've been trying to be productive today but am finding it hard to drag myself through the day.  I've done 2 workouts today, Pilates and Zumba!  I've also cleaned my kitchen gone to the store and taken care of a lil miss fussy britches :)  I just need to finish cleaning up my living room!  As I spend the weekends with my daughter I can't help but think about what will happen in just a few weeks.  I'm going to be a stay at home mom!!!  Ever since I can remember I wanted to be a wife and mother and that's it.  I'm pretty sure that's why I've never been able to decide on a major for college because this is the calling that God has placed in my heart.  I've always been a firm believer in the fact that if God places a desire in your heart He will provide it.  In college when all I wanted was to have someone to date and eventually call my husband and everyone told me to be patient and that maybe God wanted me to be single I knew it couldn't be true.  Why would God give me such a great desire only to ask me to stay single?  And having children, God has given me a great desire to have children and I'm sure when the time comes and I have no desire to have anymore children I'll take that as God telling me I'm done.  And last year when Abbie was born and I wanted so badly to stay home with her, Adam didn't have a job and everyone kept telling me you do what you have to for your family and yes that's true, but I also knew that God would provide a way for me to stay home with my babies.  He is all powerful and through prayer and following His will doors FLY open for you.  God has even managed to soften the heart of my husband who if you asked him three years ago if he ever saw me as a stay at home mother/wife he would have laughed in your face!  I was NOT a good housekeeper, cook, laundry queen or ANYTHING of that nature.  I could barely make spaghetti without a melt down on my part and a MESSY kitchen that never got completely cleaned up before bed.  Now ask him what he thinks of his wife and he would probably tell you he's so proud of the work that I do in our home.  Not without fault and times of ciaos but still he's proud none the less.  I have 4 weeks till I put in my official resignation and 6 weeks till my final days at Greenleaf.  I've appreciated the time I've had there and the friends that I've made but am SO ready to play the biggest role of my life and that is molding and shaping our little girl into the women that God wants her to be.  Well, my break is over now it's time to clean up the living room!

Blessings today and always,

No comments:

Post a Comment