Monday, January 2, 2012

Let the adventure begin!

As I got up this morning I fed Abbie her bottle I lay there looking at her and wondered "how can I love someone so much!" yet still manage to feel so empty at times.  I got out of bed brought her out to play and went to turn on netflix when my phone went off with a twitter update.  It was my friend @apb4jc or as I call her April :) it was a simple bible verse but because of her faithfulness in spending time with God every morning it reminded me "oh yeah Amy you were gonna read your bible this morning.  I hate even admitting this but most days I climb into bed at night starting to fall asleep and end up remembering that I didn't read my bible and in my head I say "oops, but it's just today we'll catch you tomorrow God" you know if God were my husband and treated me like that I would FLIP OUT!  See quality time is one of my top love languages.  I crave that time with my husband and daughter and not just the lets have a seat and watch CSI time with my family.  So WHY then don't I give God the same?  At this point in my life I'm making it a task each day to read my bible and speak with my Lord but I know one  day (hopefully sooner then later) that I'll crave that time with my Lord, that I'll wake up each morning eager to start my day in His word. 

This morning in my devotions that I read it talked about peeking around the corner waiting for everything to fall into place so that you'll be happy.  It's funny cause the writer opened up with this -
Growing up I had a plan for how I could make my life good.
Get a good education. A good job. A good husband. A few good kids. A good house. A good flowerbed out front. And a good mini-van parked in the driveway.
Then life would be… good.
 THAT WAS ME!!!!!!!!!! That was TOTALLY me.  I couldn't believe what I was reading, is this lady in my head or what?!  So I decided to venture on down and read the rest, even though I knew it was probably going to make me groan and go what am I doing!  My prayer today is that I will seek Him out and find my happiness in Him.  Below is the verse used in the devotion today and also a link to said devo, I pray it speaks to you as it did me.

“Salvation is found in no one else, for there is no other name under heaven given to men by which we must be saved.” Acts 4:12 (NIV)

/http://devotions.proverbs31.org/

No comments:

Post a Comment