Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Storage or trash holder?

It's been a few days since my last post and let me tell you a TON has happened.  Okay...not much at all has happened I lead a pretty awesome but simple life!  However today was a very productive day.  For those of you who read my blog but didn't know my husband is former military, not only former military but he was a supply sergeant, and in civilian terms that means he got to take care of a bunch of awesome guns and stuff but that also means he got issued a LOT of stuff.  Army issued first aid kits (they come with an IV kit, ya know just in case I ever have to stick an IV in myself here at the house), gun cleaning kits, backpacks, sleeping mats, sleeping bags, duffel bags you name it and it was probably in our storage closet.  When we started our project this morning we had about 10 or 12 totes of just "stuff" or what I thought was stuff but when we opened them up to go through them it was a lot of TRASH.  Probably about 80% of the stuff we went through, went in the trash!  I couldn't believe we had ever actually gone through those before and put them back in there!  And if I think back I'm probably pretty sure we didn't go through them we just put them in there!  So, after about 3 hours of going through and chunking stuff and putting stuff in a pile to give away we are down to 6 totes and we were able to put all my fall and Christmas decorations in there too!  So, although my living room is somewhat messy and my kitchen is only half way cleaned I still feel very productive today!  Now I just have to finish organizing the stuff we are keeping in the house and put it away, I need to find something to keep all of our user manuals for things we have (any ideas) and put all of the stuff I'm going to be scrap booking with soon up.  So I have big plans for the weekend!  I'll leave you with the best picture of my daughter doing her cheezy smile.  We had fun today :)



Blessings today and always,

No comments:

Post a Comment