Sunday, July 13, 2014

Lifestyle changes

Lets face it folks, lifestyle changes STINK!  The other night I went to do a Jamberry party at a friends house and I put my jeans on and squeezed into them...and before the night was over I had to sneak and unbutton them.  I couldn't even leave my size 22 jeans buttoned for the evening!  Part of this has to do with wearing yoga pants and maternity pants for the past almost 3 years, part of it has to do with having 3 babies in the past 4 years but most of it has to do with the fact that I can't stop eating.  So here it is...my confession...

I am completely and horribly addicted to eating...anything and everything it doesn't matter what it is if it's in my house or easily in reach then it gets eaten!  I know it's a sin...I'm well aware that I'm living deep in the pit of gluttony but until recently I haven't cared.  I mean I've cared in the "I know I need to be healthy" way I didn't care that I looked fat or that people noticed I was fat and that still doesn't bother me.  What does bother me is that I can't even chase the girls around the house without getting winded.  I can't get up off the couch without major pain...and getting winded (you think I'm joking but I'm not).  I want a better future for our family and that does not include me being in the hospital every month because of my health.

So what is my plan?  Posting it here for all to see!  365 days....160 pounds to lose.
My short term goal?  50 lbs by August 29th.

How am I going to do it?

  • Meal planning! 
    • Eggs grain and meat for breakfast
    • Salad with protein for lunch
    • Dinner as planned with family with salad to prevent 2nds and 3rds of unhealthy said meal
  • Exercise with a friend at least 3 times per week with a bonus workout myself once a week
  • Blogging about it...I need a way to put my adventure out there for people to see, hold me accountable!  I need people to ask me how I'm doing and really mean it.
So there we go folks and now that I've written about it, it's time to post the obligatory "before" pictures.  Now mind you I am not ashamed at what I see...I am a beautiful woman!  But the fact of the matter is...if this is on the outside...the inside don't look good!


1 comment:

  1. You are absolutely right lady. You are beautiful. The picture in the top right corner cracks me up. Such a cute expression.

    You rock on with your 365 challenge. I know you can do it. I can't wait to see your results.

    ReplyDelete