Friday, February 24, 2012

Stay at home mom

Today started my first day as an official full time stay at home mom....I had visions of what it was going to be like.  I was going to be like Martha Stewart get my house SPARKLING clean and have my husband come home to a nice home cooked meal a full fridge from the visit to the store I did and a daughter in her high chair ready for dinner...ummm NOT.  That is not like ANYTHING that happened today!  My day started out with a cranky daughter waking up to early with dark circles under her eyes coughing at me because she caught my cold from last week.  I got her up got her changed gave her a cup of milk and we snuggled which was nice :)  I finished my grocery list printed that two recipes and my meal plan for the next two weeks out (sounds like its starting off ok doesn't it) well Abbie goes down for her nap and I relax for a little while.  I get ready to leave the house getting myself cleaned up, getting Abbie's bag together and just in time for her to wake up from her nap (perfect timing) I then left the house in plenty of time to get to my previous place of employment for the going away lunch they were throwing for me (which was nice) well on the way I stop to fill my car up (and here starts the down fall of my day) FIFTY SIX DOLLARS to fill up my car.  I remember the day when I said "I'm never getting a truck they cost fifty bucks to fill up (jokes on me right).  Well we get done with lunch and Abbie's doing alright mood wise so I decide to go to the store to get my groceries for the next couple weeks I get Abbie out of the car get in the store and.....my list is at home on my kitchen counter.  Way to go Amy!  So I load Abbie BACK in the car go home lay her down for her way to short afternoon nap and she wakes up in the WORST mood a mother can ask for, poor thing just doesn't feel good!  So we snuggled all evening because that husband that was suppose to come home still isn't home and it's 10:30.  So needless to say my first day as a stay at home mom wasn't perfect but I loved it still the same.  Instead of someone else holding my child because she doesn't feel good it was me.  I love my life and I love that my husband works so hard so that I can wipe these runny noses all the time!  Tomorrow is another day...maybe I'll get my house spotless tomorrow...maybe :-/

Blessings today and always,

No comments:

Post a Comment